MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
NORTH SURREY KARATE CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These Terms and Conditions shall apply to the use of the facilities and services provided by North Surrey Karate, 248a Chessington Road, Chessington KT9 1PL by members and other users thereof.
2. This agreement commences once you have signed to say you have read and accept the terms and conditions form.
3. This agreement will become binding on you and us when we contact you to confirm your membership application has been accepted, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
4. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges set for the Type of Membership chosen.
5. You cannot transfer this agreement to anyone else
6. This fee does not include events, grading’s, competitions or any other courses.
7. Karate and kickboxing practitioners must hold and EGKA or WKO Valid license, this is paid separately to NSK and is an annual fee. This can be found at www.egka.org.uk
8. Paying unlimited you have the right to attend as many scheduled lessons per week as you wish that are appropriate to your age and grade.
9. Fees are based on a 48-week year, spread into 12 equal payments. This includes all school holiday periods. This excludes 1 week for May half term, 1 week at the beginning of the summer holidays Date to be confirmed and 2 weeks for Christmas
FEES AND CHARGES
1. The Joining Fee (if one is payable) and first month's membership fees are collected from you by us either by cash or stripe at time of purchase. Joining fees are applied to cover the initial administration costs associated with setting up a new membership.
2. Your second payment for monthly class fees will be collected on 1st of each month, Subsequent subscriptions for monthly class fees will be collected monthly thereafter. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
3. If any subscription is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £10. If, despite us having notified you of a missed payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to, at our sole election, either suspend or terminate your membership, upon having given you written notice of our intention to do so. We may present an option to reduce the administration fee if the outstanding amount is paid online within 7 days of becoming due.
4. You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
1. From time to time, we may need to increase the price of class fees. We will give you at least 1 full months' notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your class fee will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your subscription in accordance with the membership terms and conditions and rules. If you do not terminate the subscription by the date given to you in the notice, then the price of your subscription will be increased in accordance with our notice.
1. You may terminate your subscription at any point by cancelling your subscription, allowing 4 working days for the bank to action this.
2. In the above circumstances your subscription will remain in force until the day before your next payment is due, at which point it will automatically terminate.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
1. As per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you are entitled to cancel your membership and receive a full refund of any fees paid within 14 days of completing your membership application form. However, as per regulation 36 of Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if you select to commence your membership immediately, or you ask us to start your membership early, you agree that if you subsequently cancel your membership within the 14 day period, you will be refunded any monies paid, less an amount for the membership you have already used commencing from the first day after joining.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. You agree to comply with the Rules of Membership which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change.
2. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
3. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
4. There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the club. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees in such circumstances.
5. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by any event that is outside of our reasonable control.
6. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to any services that are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
7. This agreement is governed by English Law.
8. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of the Clubs Rules.
9. To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your circumstances change.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
1. If you have any questions please speak to Sensei Jason Direct or contact Zoe at [email protected]
2. If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these terms requires you to give us notice in writing you can send this to us by e-mail at the above address or contact us via the website and we will confirm receipt of this by contacting you by email.